background

Thursday, December 4, 2014

5 month mark

How is it Thursday already? Weeks fly by, but days are slow. Idk if that makes any sense, oh well.
Today all I have scheduled is therapy at 3. I only do physical therapy now. HALLELUJAH. I seriously was going crazy going to three different therapies, it drove me insane. I mean I'm sure it helped me but day to day it was hard to see progress. Especially in speech therapy.
It is so hard to stay positive. It seems like everything is going against you. Everyone expects you to be depressed about your situation. And when you do get sad, to them, it seems like so much more. I was actually called a Debbie Downer yesterday. That actually made me mad because I stay SO positive and the one time I'm feeling down I get no help. Then they said that nobody wants to help me cause I get so down. That's when I knew that they didn't know me, and obviously don't understand my situation.
That's what's so hard about my situation. It's not physically obvious, so people have a hard time empathizing.
Today marks 5 months since the accident. Weird to think it happened that long ago. It feels like forever but it also feels like yesterday. I actually remember laying in the hospital thinking of what life would be like when I got home. It's been like 2 1/2 months since I got home. Now I dream of what life will be like another 5 months from now. I feel like it will seem to take longer because 1 month of the past 5 months was spent in a coma. Coma's are strange. If you would have told me a year ago I would be in a coma I definitely wouldn't believe you. It honestly felt like a really long dream. When I woke up I had no idea what day it was. I was at a family reunion and suddenly I was in a hospital for who knows how long. Kinda scary when I think back on it. I think at the time I was in too much shock to really think about it.
I have started driving and it's the best. I finally feel like I have some freedom, like I'm actually 18. I felt like I was 15 for a while cause I would spend a whole lot of time at home and I always had to ask for a ride everywhere. If you think school is bad try spending all your time at home and going nowhere. I miss school so much. I miss learning, I miss friends, the social aspect of it, I miss hearing about high school drama. I learned to love all of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment