background

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

TBI

Obviously that post was from a while back. It was from a previous blog I attempted to start. So much has changed since then, it's insane how time changes things.
Well, I was in an accident on July 4 of this year. I have a traumatic brain injury as a result. It has been nearly been 5 months since the accident. Progress is slow but it continues. I have to be patient but it's easier said than done.
Doctors say that it will take about a year to recover from this brain injury, and although it's been a long recovery, I'm almost halfway there and that brings me hope.
Also, I was beyond prepared to have something like this happen. I was taking college classes at Success Academy so now I only have one class and seminary to take to graduate! Such a blessing!
I take online seminary and I'm planning on switching over from online to in-class next week! Super excited about that! I'm also gonna start taking classes over at the high school in January. Maybe attempt to have a social life.(;
Well as a result of my brain injury. my whole left side was not connected to my brain anymore. I have had to relearn how to use my left side. Also my balance was affected, so I have had to work on that. For a while I couldn't even stand on my own. Because of these 2 things, I have had to relearn how to walk. It was like starting from the very beginning. I can walk, but now my goals are to run and jump. I'm still working towards those goals every day.
My future goal is to go to college next year. Hopefully my brain will be recovered enough to handle taking classes. I would love to attend BYU if they let me, but first we'll see if they accept me into the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment